The Golden Triangle Comic Con is a safe space where everyone is welcome and may express themselves freely. Even so, certain kinds of offensive or harassing behavior will not be tolerated. We have taken steps to make it easy to report instances of such behavior. It’s very important that if you are being harassed or endangered, you report it immediately. We cannot address anything that we aren’t made aware of and need whatever detail can be provided, such as names, badge numbers, or other descriptive information. As a member, if you see someone harassed or taking inappropriate photos (where the target of the photo is unaware), we encourage you to speak up and say something. Look out for one another and ensure we are all treated with respect.
The convention will have photographers and videographers on site for promotional purposes. Attending the event means that you may have your picture taken by a staff/press photographer or videographer. These images or video will be used to help promote the convention. Media staff/press will have T-shirts and/or badges to show who they are.
If you feel you’ve been harassed please find the nearest volunteer. They will direct you to security. If, at any time, you feel that your safety or the safety of others is in jeopardy, please contact the Columbus Emergency Services via 911.
The Golden Triangle Comic Con reserves the right to revoke passes without refund or compensation (Rule 13). If an individual breaks the rules of the con, they may be barred from the con, either for several hours or for the rest of the event. If an individual breaks the law (city, state, or federal) they will be arrested. If you have been punished for breaking a rule and feel that you’ve been treated unfairly you may appeal that ruling with the con chair, but that decision will be final.
The following are the rules of the con:
- You must wear your membership badges at all times to be admitted to any con function.
- Possession of an alcoholic beverage is grounds for expulsion from the con without refund.
- Please keep all behavior that polite fans would find offensive in public away from the con.
- The Golden Triangle Comic Con is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property during the event.
- The Golden Triangle Comic Con is not responsible for injuries sustained during the course of the event.
- All activities at the con are subject to change, however, every effort will be made to notify guests of these changes.
- This con has a NO WEAPONS policy that will be enforced:
- All weapons that are part of cosplay must be nonfunctioning.
- All guns must be unable to shoot projectiles of any kind including water, silly string, or ping-pong balls.
- Bladed weapons must not be made of metal regardless of function or piece bonding. Leave all blades in your vehicle or with the security desk near the entrance.
- Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated and rule 13 enforced.
- Real firearms are not allowed on the premises. This includes attendees who maintain a Weapons Carry License or similar permit from another state.
- Con security and local law enforcement will treat anything that looks like a real weapon accordingly.
- Attendees who choose to ignore this policy will be asked to leave and have their badge revoked.
- Violators can also be arrested. The Golden Triangle Comic Con will not post bail.
- Sworn Law Enforcement are excused from the NO WEAPONS policy.
- No smoking, vaping, eating, or drinking is allowed in the vendor hall or main areas.
- No abusing the convention facilities. This includes putting signs on walls. Public locations for notices are provided.
- Do not hand out flyers/cards in our space. Flyers/cards on an open table will be cleared to a trash receptacle. If you’re handing out material in an unauthorized con area you will be asked to stop. Repeat violations invoke rule 13.
- Remember that NO COSTUME IS NOT A COSTUME and there are public nudity laws. Please wear appropriate clothing if you are cosplaying. This is a family friendly event.
- No selling of goods and services without permission from con administration.
- The Golden Triangle Comic Con reserves the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your membership money if you break any of these rules.
- No pets are allowed inside The Trotter Center.
What this all boils down to is simple: be polite, be nice, don’t be a jerk, and you will have a great time!